Coming home at the end of a busy work day, I want to tune into myself. That’s where a sacred space will come in. It’s a space that is dedicated to you and only you. A sacred space encourages balance, relaxation, and your overall mental health. It should be a place that is consistent for you and builds your energy back up from a long day of work or when you’re waking up. There are no rules to how to create your sacred space because you can make it your own. The following are guidelines to help you connect to your higher, divine self!
Designate a space in your home away from distractions or away from where people may see it or be around it. Try not to have it in your bedroom unless it’s your only privacy. Have a small table or night stand table to elevate and store your things. Keep it simple and decluttered, but most of all get creative! If you’re into interior design, think about the mood you want to set. The colors I chose were grey, white, with a pop of yellow to create a mood of sunshine and happiness.
Set the tone by using your senses.
- Sight – incorporate plants, flowers, trinkets, and pictures that inspire you.
- Sound – play some tranquil meditation music from your phone or have an instrument. For example: I have a singing bowl which can help achieve a deeper state of relaxation and meditation
- Touch – Have a soft, plush rug that you can sit on comfortably.
- Smell – Essential oils are great for aromatherapy using a diffuser.
- Lavender: promotes calmness and boosts your mood
- Peppermint oil: Invigorates and promotes focus
- Eucalyptus oil: cooling energy
- Tea tree oil: Antimicrobial and immune boosting
- Lemon oil: Energy and mood boosting
- Rose Oil: Libido and mood lifting
- Taste – brew a hot cup of herbal tea
- Chamomile: Fights anxiety and stress
- Rooibos: Fights free radicals in skin
- Peppermint: For gut health
- Ginger: Helps with a upset stomach
- Hibiscus: when you feel a cold coming on (loaded with Vitamin C)
Have things that represent all of the elements of life: water, earth, fire, and air.
- Water – I have abalone shells or shells from the beaches of Hawaii.
- Air – Burn incense. I suggest to invest in an air purifier to trap those smoke irritants.
- Earth – Crystals for manifesting different energies. They are also beautiful to look at and hold in your hands. You can also bring in pinecones, twigs, or small rocks.
- Carnelian: Creativity
- Selenite: Protection at home and at work
- Rose Quartz: Romance and self-love
- Citrine: Abundance
- Lapis Lazuli: Communication
- Fire – I have candles for each color. I usually light the color of the candle that represents a part of the chakra that needs to be rebalanced.
- Red: Root (Career, money, sense of belonging)
- Orange: Sacral (Sexuality and pleasure)
- Yellow: Solar Plexus (Confidence and control of our own life)
- Green: Heart (Romance and self-love)
- Blue: Throat (Self-expression)
- Purple: Third Eye (Intuition and sense of purpose and direction in life)
- Indigo: Crown (Connection to spirituality and the devine)
Miscellaneous items you may want to add:
- Smudge kits to cleanse your sacred space.
- Tarot cards that can be used for moon rituals.
- Journal for your inner thoughts.
Do you have a sacred space already? What other helpful tips do you recommend? We want to hear all about it in the comments!
Read about how to grow spiritually with these phone apps here.
Follow us on Instagram! @littlecatposts
This is awesome! I’m going to have to try this out
Thanks for sharing! I just started learning about different crystals, I know people that swear by them!
Yes! I love going into crystal stores and seeing which call to me!
I’m all for this! My sacred space has become my bedroom. After redecorating this year, it’s become my little sanctuary.
Love it! We all need it! I share a room with my boyfriend so I definitely had to create a space where he didn’t bother me haha
Love these! I use incense and things, but never thought about using my other senses to make a calm space. I will start looking into some of these so I have a spot in my apartment where I can retreat, that isnt my bed!
If a bed is all you have, then do it girl!
Thanks for very useful tips. I’ve been clearing up some space
i loved the approach of this!! especially with all the extra time home it’s important to be comfortable with your space
It’s much needed!
Sounds very relaxing! I love the idea of including the elements of life.. water, air, fire and earth.
It’s so important to make space for yourself and the parts on elements sounds lovely
Wow love this post! Will Definitely incorporate these ideas into some decor around the house 🙌🏽
Yes! Love it!
I love this. My house is so small and I’ve been looking for ways to organize.
You only need a small space to call your own 🙂
I love this because it has spiritual elements. Creating a sacred space helps to recharge. Becoming a mother in 2018 I haven’t focused much on doing this but need to! Thank you for this.
You are a supermom! Happy Mother’s Day!