Listen to this blog post on Spotify:
The moon indicates and tells us what we do with our emotional realm. It affects our emotions, mood, and behaviors. The cosmos will support us if we follow the blueprint of the moon and its phases.
With the start of a new moon cycle, we can start anew and create new intentions for the next moon cycle. Use this as a guide for your personal moon ritual to tap into the moon’s energy and gain clarity as to where you are and where you would like to be. You can do this moon ritual 1-3 days after the start of the moon cycle on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
The sensual sign of Taurus is ruled by Venus, the planet of love and values. Nowadays, in these fast-paced times, we can feel exhausted, anxious, and disconnected. Hustle culture is serving no one these days. Earthy Taurus is a hard worker, but instead of doing everything at once, they hone in on just one task and handle it with care.
The New Moon in Taurus is a great time to be in the moment: smell beautiful scents, listen to your favorite music, eat delicious food, and get intimate. If your love language happens to be physical touch, then you’re about to feel very loved.
Our sacral chakra – the chakra responsible for receiving abundance and pleasure – should get extra love and attention. Bask in the earthy vibes that this lunar energy will bring us and give yourself permission to add some self-care into your routine.
Themes to cultivate during this new moon:
- An abundance mindset
Create Your Sacred Space
- Find a comfy spot
- Drink a soothing beverage
- Grab your moon journal and favorite pen
- Cast a circle with each trinket to represent each of the four elements. For water: sea shell, bowl of water, a vase of flowers. For fire: Candles or incense. For earth: Plants or crystals. For air: Oil diffuser or feather
- Smudge your area
- Tune into your body and take gentle neck rolls
- Petrified Wood: Brings in grounding energy to get your body aligned with the earth.
- Aurora Quartz: Balances the whole chakra system from the root chakra up to the crown and back down again to shift you into your highest enlightenment.
- Realgar: Clears blockages in your sacral chakra.
- I am my own rock.
- I plant the seeds today to receive abundance and pleasure in my life.
- I am a sensual and spiritual goddess.
A short guided meditation to clear the mind and slow down. Tell the mind the truth: I’m safe, I’m protected, and I am well cared for. Let the mind rest in this truth. Join me for this meditation to bring awareness to the air, breathing it in, and letting it slide down the spine, anchoring into the Earth. When we take time to allow the mind to relax, we gather a moment of mental pause.
Yin Yoga Flow
Practice this 20 minute guided yin yoga session. We begin with a short meditation for new moon intentions. As Taurus rules the neck, this practice focuses on the throat chakra. With the New Moon in Taurus, you can expect to want to feel fulfilled, stable, and grounded.
Set a timer for 20 minutes and listen to some calming music. Grab a tarot or oracle deck, if you need more guidance for your answers.
- What hobbies will help me feel more grounded in my physical self and how can I bring this into my daily life?
- What is one thing I can do today to get me out of the scarcity mindset?
- What are my most important values and how can I make more room for them in this New Moon cycle?
Personalize Your New Moon Intentions
The new moon is like a check-in from the last new moon cycle. Take this opportunity to hold yourself accountable. Is it time to stick with these intentions, update them, or create new ones?
You can go to astro.com and enter your birth information for your natal chart and find what your moon sign is. Since the moon moves into a new zodiac sign every 2.5 days, an accurate birth time is necessary as your birthday may fall on a day that the moon moves into a different sign.
- Earth Moon Signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn) are not the greatest at verbalizing their feelings but actions speak louder than words. Set an intention to connect with the Earth to listen to your inner voice in a way that you can express your pleasures.
- Fire Moon Signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) are fast-paced, ambitious, and vibrant. Set an intention to feel more grounded and centered by expanding your gratitude to the simple moments in life.
- Air Moon Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius) are not great with physical touch because they like to feel free and have their own space. Set an intention to find a way to express your love in a unique way.
- Water Moon Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) are highly sensitive and empathic beings. Set an intention to create boundaries so that you can provide stability for others.
Victoria Nicole is a 500 hour Certified Yoga Teacher and Astrologer. She graduated from UC Davis with a BS in Neurobiology and Physiology with an emphasis in Human Behavior. She has always been interested in mind and body work. She fuses yoga and astrology to empower you to be your highest being.